With twelve schools in the Worcester Consortium, tens of thousands of students every year come to Worcester where they reap the benefits of the city’s infrastructure, cultural opportunities, and great hospitality. Keeping this in mind, the goal of our next project is to connect the student groups at these institutions, as well as local government and community action groups, to organize a giant moment of collaborative community action. Ultimately, the object of this action is to improve community recreational spaces for the children and families of Worcester while, at the same time, demonstrating our heartfelt appreciation for the city's hospitality.
- Foster a community of caring through a comprehensive and collaborative organizational process with city government, corporate partnerships and local neighborhoods
- Organize multiple family spaces around the city to be renovated on April 27th 2013. Possible locations: local schoolyards, city parks, hospital courtyards, school libraries, youth centers…etc.
- Mobilize and lead a group of 1000+ students, faculty, and local volunteers and generate project support in excess of $50,000
- Form an inter-campus student coalition by working with the community development organizations from the various colleges of the Consortium.
- Promote healthy lifestyles and improve community infrastructure for all of the school children, residents, and college students that Worcester supports.
- Demonstrate community between the city’s large student and resident populations
- Encourage students to take pride in their city and to contribute to its welfare.